Chancing upon a couple of informative, fun and easy to read blogs may make people think that blogging is easy. It may even inspire some people to create one of their own. While everyone can start a blog, the challenge is to keep the blog site worth visiting every now and to create huge traffic. By taking some time to follow these helpful suggestions, any newbie blogger will turn into pro-blogger with a lot of followers to his blog site
- Choose a niche that you are very knowledgeable, well-experienced or interested in – Any newbie will be aware that an article has to be of good quality so people will find it worth reading. With so much knowledge, they can certainly write a lot of information that readers will learn from or will be interested to know. The writer should also include informative details such as how to’s, pros and cons, steps on doing a certain procedure, etc. Some readers who are visiting their blog site could be researching for information and if this is the case, general information in short posts would not help.
Newbies can also choose a topic that they have little knowledge or experience but they are very much interested with. Their desire about a certain topic will drive them to learn more which could create worthwhile content for their blog entries. It will be interesting for readers to follow the newbie’s new entries about the new discoveries that are worthy to share.
- Even with abundant knowledge on a certain topic, avoid sounding too technical or complicated – People doing their research on the internet wants quick but helpful information and they always want something that is interesting to read. Once they encounter complicated or technical terms, they could simply open another browser to look for another article that is much simple. One helpful tip to make your article informative but easy to read is to imagine that you are talking to a ten year old. Make your sentences direct to the point too so people will not get bored with a long article with little helpful information.
- Market your blog – Everyone is in social media these days and one great way to market your blog is through Facebook, Twitter, etc. Encourage them to leave valuable comments too.
- Incorporate graphics into your blog – As we all know, graphics are very well utilized in books, visual aids, brochures and other reading materials to make it attractive and eventually, interesting for readers. This concept also applies to your blog. Try to get some attractive and relevant graphics to add life and interest into your blog.
- Be sure to write unique content – You certainly wouldn’t want to have plagiarism issues with your blog. Furthermore, since the Google Panda update, Google now has enhanced measures in identifying high-quality and unique content in their ranking system. This is important if you want to have a good SEO for your blog site.
These days, with all the devices such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones, people can get themselves updated as soon as there are new entries from their preferred blogger. Cell phone experts will agree to the fact that most people don’t just use their mobile phones these days for making phone calls or send SMS texts since mobile internet browsing is now common with all the advanced smart phones coming out in the market. And by having a worthwhile reading blog site, people will certainly keep themselves updated regardless of their location.
Krystine Sitjar’s a writer of many technology and gadget related topics. She works at the Broadband Expert Internet Service and enjoys spending her time writing about Internet niches.